Girona Player Talks on What Messi Told Him During the Match | WELCOME

Girona Player Talks on What Messi Told Him During the Match

How do you stop Lionel Messi?
Well, this season it’s been pretty much impossible.

Going into Barcelona’s clash against Girona, Messi had scored 12 goals in eight appearances in all competitions for Ernesto Valverde’s side.

But Girona had a plan for the Argentine superstar.

From the first whistle, Pablo Maffeo stood next to him - and didn’t leave him during the 78 minutes he was on the pitch.

Maffeo, who is on loan from Manchester City, prevented Messi from scoring during the match.

p1bqoekge91fjd196u638ubq1on7d.jpg
However, two own goals and a Luis Suarez strike saw Barca ease to a 3-0 victory.

While Messi wasn’t able to get himself on the scoresheet, it seems the five-time Ballon d’Or winner didn’t mind too much being followed by Maffeo everywhere.

How do we know?

Well, Maffeo has revealed what he and Messi spoke about during the match. After all, they were stood next to each other for the whole game.

FBL-ESP-LIGA-GIRONA-BARCELONA
The 20-year-old said it was "very good vibes with Leo Messi” - and he even asked about City.

What Messi said to Maffeo
"When you mark Messi, you have to think that he is a normal person, he has two legs like all of us, and to be focused," Maffeo said after the match.

"Messi told me: 'I've got you here for the whole day' and I said: ’You're the best in the world, I'm not going to leave you.’”

"He asked me how old I was, if I had been assigned by Manchester City and what it was like there. He said the marking was not pleasant.
FBL-ESP-LIGA-GIRONA-BARCELONA
"Messi and I were together the whole match. He has asked me a couple of things. He is a good person."

How brilliant.

Maffeo will certainly remember the night he man-marked Messi out of the game when he was just 20-years-old.

Shame his teammates didn’t help matters by putting the ball in their own net, though.

Share on Google Plus

About Legend

My name is Obioma Munachimso J Popularly known as legend. A student of University of Nigeria, Nsukka. I am a lover of information and Celebrity lifestyle, which is one of the resons why I created this blog. Am an Entreprenuer with a bulk sms website known as smstocustomers.com, blogger editor, advertiser, educationist and a computer maintenance engineer. Follow me on all social media as @legendloaded. One love, One Nigeria.
    Blogger Comment
    Facebook Comment

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Follow us on Facebook